Today included attending class, an afternoon run/workout, & laundry along with other things.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 or 4 sweet potatoes
- dash of cinnamin
- scant salt
- 5 or 6 tsp olive oil (I used extra virgin but you could sub coconut oil)*
- 2 or 3 tsp sugar (you could sub agave or maple syrup)
- optional: coconut shreds, brown sugar, and/or marshmallows
*Let me know how you think these taste if you decide to sub the coconut oil
1.Slice and soak the sweet potatoes in water for 15-30 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 385 degrees, mix everything together, and lay the fries on the pan.
Bake 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through (bake longer or shorter if needed)
They taste wonderful plain, however I served mine with microwave oatmeal mixed with maple syrup and vegan butter.
You could serve them with things like: ketchup, mustard, applesauce, yogurt, marshmellow spread, maple syrup, agave nectar, melted coconut butter, etc.
I drizzled mine with a drizzle of maple syrup, which I found makes a little bit of a difference in taste.
1. What are your favorite sweet potato recipes?
2. What are your plans for Saturday?
Enjoy your weekend!