Easter Sunday: do you celebrate Easter? What did you do?
I hung out with
no one my boyfriend Rob. We watched movies, went to a few destinations, and relaxed together.
What have you learned about yourself this week? I learn something new everyday.
This week I learned quite a few things about myself-
1) I love focusing and concentrating on something that I enjoy, such as running or paying attention to a particular subject in class, such as technology and how it affects us deeply
2) I enjoy running in the mornings and then a short one in the evening. My boyfriend gave me this idea as it was a beautiful day outside and he insisted that I should go on another run
3) I love working. The best part is that you are making money while it can be fun at times and therefore feel great
4) I’ve come to the decision that I definitely want to be a lawyer and attend law school after I graduate undergraduate school
5) I like peppers in salads
6) I like mixed-nuts in oatmeal and yogurt
As you can see, some of these points are WAY more important than others, such as becoming a lawyer v.s. peppers in salads! However, each one serves an importance in my life because it is something new that I learned that I like which leads to a better life!
Anyway, let us go on a date with:
So simple yet delicious.
Delicious Oats 'n Fruit 'n Nuts!
1 or 2 servings oatmeal
1 banana, sliced
A handful of dates or 1/4 cup
1 T agave nectar or maple syrup (I used maple syrup)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (you can try subbing almond or sunflower butter)
Directions: Prepare oatmeal, add mix-ins, enjoy!
Nutritional Information about this healthy dish:
-Banana and dates add potassium which keeps the organs healthy and is associated with sodium
-Peanut butter has omega-3 which are great for your skin tone
-Oatmeal has fiber which aids in digestion
-Dates contain iron and are even nourishment for muscle development
Some great benefits of potassium found in this dish include:
- “Heart and Kidney Disorders: The health benefits of potassium ensure good health for heart as well as kidneys. It plays an irreplaceable role in regulating the functions of potassium. Apart from this, this mineral assists kidneys to remove waste by the process of excretion. However, it is strictly advisable to consult your doctor to get recommendations about dosage.
- Water Balance: Potassium has another significant role to play in maintaining the desirable water balance in human body. There are different types of cells, which require having proper water balance for proper functioning and potassium aids these cells in regulating this balance.
- Electrolyte: Potassium plays the significant role as an electrolyte in human body. It helps in regulating the level of fluids in human body and thus performs a number of critical body functions.Nervous System: Potassium helps in boosting the spirit of nerve reflexes to transmit message from one body part to another. This in turn helps in muscle contraction to perform various activities every day.”
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend (starting today!)
Chocolate-Coated Runner aka Michelle Alexandra
Read Full Post »